Monday, February 8, 2010

Locked Texts

So, I have this best friend.  She is the most amazing girl on the planet.  Seriously.  We have these conversations about sophisticated things, and, sometimes, we catch each other saying some very profound things.  These conversations occur via text messaging.  She is in Colorado.  I am in Utah.  Best friends know no geographical separation.  We always find ways to communicate.  Anyway, I give you "Locked Texts."

From: Courtney Kimball
Because you're so optimistic. And romantic. And you can still be in love with someone who is in brazil. I wish i enjoyed being a girl. I wish i wanted children. I wish i could see the good in people like you do. I wish i didn't write people off so easily. And not judge. I wish i could be happy with myself. Most of all i envy that romantic optimism. I wish i had that
Nov 7, 11:37 pm

To: Courtney Kimball
You can. You just have to let yourself. If you believe the world is at your fingertips, then would not everything IN that world be at your fingertips? Love is not a myth. It's a reality. It becomes tangible. As a tangible something, it's now in the world. It's attainable. You have that waiting for you. It just has to find you.
Nov 7, 11:41 pm

From: Courtney Kimball
The heart does whatever the hell it wants. Unfortunately, sometimes. Haha
Nov 29 11:00 pm

From: Courtney Kimball
The walls i put up.
Feb 7, 11:54 pm

To: Courtney Kimball
Why didn't he break them down?? He should have...
Feb 7, 11:56 pm

From: Courtney Kimball
I'm just waiting for the guy that will. This is gonna sound cheesy, but i feel like i'm the girl in the tower with a dragon guarding the entrance for the prince to get to me and that every guy is just too afraid to fight that dragon. To figure out the dragon. So he can get to me. So he can get to my heart.
Feb 7, 11:57 pm

To: Courtney Kimball
I totally understand. You know what I want? I want a guy to bring me a Gerber daisy. Forget roses. My favorite flower is a Gerber daisy. If he cares enough to know that, and brings me one, he's worth a second thought.
Feb 8, 12:01 am

1 comment:

  1. have i mentioned that i love this? i hope so because i do. haha

    ReplyDelete