Monday, August 17, 2009

Big "A" For Anderson!

CHANGE

Wow! It has been quite some time since I have been on this little blog spot of mine, but my friend Della inspired me to begin thinking like a true blogger once again! It's great to be back. A few things have changed for me. I'm now an RA at Anderson Hall, which is amazing by the way, and I'm having a lot of fun, but it's definitely not without its minor struggles. It's very important to learn to take things case-by-case.
Grandpa reminds me, "Don't sweat the petty things...and don't pet the sweaty things."
Ne'er a truer amount of advice given to a college girl. Thanks Gramps!

BLESSINGS
So, in my adventures tonight I've made new friends. Possibly one enemy, but, hey, that's how it goes, right? Something super cool, though! There's a young man in the dorm who happened to serve a mission in Japan, and we have an International Student. He's communicating with her. It is most incredible to hear! I'm so grateful to have him here, honestly. I'm sure it's going to make her feel much more comfortable. I can definitely say that God knows what He's doing.

MAINTENANCE ADVENTURES
Aside from a rickety door, we haven't really had many problems...until tonight. I decided to be brave and venture over to the boys' hall. No big deal, right? WRONG!
The first question: "When do they clean the bathrooms?"
Okay, now, normally I would just answer this, but these are boys, so there's this immediate red flag that pops up in my brain.
"Why?" I ask.
"You don't want to know," he replies.
"Well, it's my job to know," I state.
"It's bad!" gags he.
By this point, a few other boys have joined in the gagging and sputtering about the atrocious toilet monster! Apparently some college boys still haven't mastered the concept of flushing a toity.
"I'm going in!" I boldly exclaim.
"You can't!" they shout, "we can't let you go in there! Take some Febreeze! AND A BANDANA!"
"Oh, dear..." my brain thinks, "this is not going to be pretty."
I push the door open, and...tears! Instantly! Most wretched smell ever! So, being the girl that I am, I call on Drew to rescue me. He's the male RA. Poor Drew...
"DREW! OPEN YOUR DOOR!" He slowly opens his door. "I'm so sorry to bother you, but there's a little problem in the bathroom..." I sadly explain with a heavy heart.
"A problem in the ba...? UGH!" says he. Oh, dear...so sorry, friend!

The request form that was submitted was quite humorous. It included my one-liner about teaching these boys how to properly finalize their business. Haha. I thought it was pretty clever. Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Cherish, I love your blog, and I love your recount of the bathroom blues...

    ReplyDelete