Saturday, June 16, 2012

Piddle Puddles and No Solution...

No cleaning solution, that is!  In my last post, I told you all about the awesome $1 Handy Shammy from Dollar Tree as a reusable cleaning pad for the Swiffer WetJet. I, Cherish Anderson, am in love.  With the WetJet.  I use it ALL the time around the house!  This leads me to my current post.  There's only so much cleaning solution in those little bottles, and the refills are not cheap.  So, I set out on the internet in search of a way to open the bottle to put my own cleaning solution in.  Of course Swiffer doesn't want people refilling the bottles, because they'll lose money that way, but I knew there was a way to get it off.  I found an awesome tutorial on Youtube.  You can pretty much find anything on Youtube.  I must give credit where credit is due, so here's the video.



So, carefully stick the cap of the bottle into boiling water for ten seconds.  Use a dish towel to twist the cap off.  It worked like a charm!




I decided to fill mine with white vinegar diluted with a little bit of water.  It's known for its disinfecting and deodorizing qualities.  I twisted the cap back on and popped it right back into the Swiffer.  I cleaned up the floors.  They sparkle!  Once it dried, it didn't smell like vinegar anymore.  In fact, it didn't smell like anything, which is just the way I like it.  I'm also not afraid to use it on the floor and let Sprocket go in there after.  It's just vinegar, after all, so it won't hurt anything.  Awesome!  Way cheaper than going out and buying the refills.  I'm not sure how many times you can refill the bottle, but if it works a second time, I'll be sure to let you know!




No comments:

Post a Comment