Sunday, June 3, 2012

Piddle Puddles and a Handy Shammy

Guess what!  We got a puppy!  He's a pug.  We (I) named him Sprocket.  He's adorable.  As you know, puppies are a lot of work.  Sometimes, they have accidents in the house.  We've been training Sprocket to go potty in the bathroom just in case he can't hold it and we're not home to take him outside.  He has piddle pads, but he misses more often than he makes it on the pad.

A few months ago, we decided to get a Swiffer WetJet.  It's pretty awesome!  It's way easier than mopping on hands and knees, and you don't have to move a mop and bucket of water to each place that needs to be mopped.  As you can imagine, with piddle puddles on the bathroom floor, I've been Swiffering a lot more often than I used to.  The refill packs are a little bit too expensive for my frugal tastes.  While perusing the Dollar Tree a few days ago, I stumbled upon perhaps one of the greatest finds ever: the Handy Shammy.


I though to myself, "Hmm.  I wonder if that would stick to the WetJet.  It's only $1, and if it doesn't, I can still use it around the house."  I decided not to pick it up at the moment.  After cleaning up several more puddles, I asked my husband if he would go back to Dollar Tree and pick one up.  I cut it to fit the Swiffer.  Guess what.  It stuck!  


The Shammy towels are big enough to cut two pads for the WetJet.  Bryce purchased two of them.  I LOVE them!  They absorb the cleaning solution really well, and they pick up more dirt than the original WetJet pads.  The best part about them is that you can throw them in the washer and reuse them!  Wash them in warm water with no fabric softener.  Lay them out to dry.  The directions are right on the packaging.  They're more durable than microfiber cloth, too.  So, there you have it, $2 for a total of four reusable WetJet pads.  Every thrifty bone in my body rejoices!

1 comment:

  1. You go girl! That's the best when you score an awesome deal on a product you love!

    ReplyDelete